Built on the same CQC Tech as War of the Roses; War of the Vikings delivers the next generation of Paradox’s close quarter combat focused brands that moves the setting to the Viking Age.
All of these factors enabled us to create a game experience that has an increased intensity, improved accessibility, and more intuitive combat experiences ensuring you’re always presented with interesting choices.
To launch a successful second game in the "War"-franchise: to do this we built on the technology and experience from the first game to create a deep, intense, rich, mature, and emotionally engaging close quarters combat experience in the Viking Age.
What Makes Our Game Unique
- Aggressive Combat Experience. Launch onto the battlefields of the Viking Age in intense close quarter combat, where skill beats strength and the possibility of death is always one opponent away.
- Your Viking, Your Way. Define your own Archetypes with persistent profiles and deep customization allowing you to shape your own Viking or Saxon and play style by choosing everything from armor style, heraldry, shield paintings, beards, armor, weaponry and perks.
Key Revealed Features
- Historically Inspired Viking Setting.
- Play as both the Vikings and Saxons to take or defend Briton!
- Deep Combat System. Claim victory by mastering swinging, chopping, blocking, dodging, and a wide range of special moves to perfect your play style.
- Best-in-Class Ranged Combat. Ranged combat that blends naturally with the close quarters experience as arrows, javelins and throwing axes soar through the air towards their targets.
- Arena Game Mode. The hardcore arena game mode increases the intensity of the action with dense levels where your enemies are only a spear throw away.
- Use Perks to Define Your Play style. Pick the perfect perk to accentuate and enhance your play style.
- Training Ground. Take your custom profiles for a trial fight in the training grounds to test and tweak your gear to find the perfect profile for your play style.
The Numbers Game
- Large Scale Multiplayer
- Multiple Game Modes
- New levels set in Viking Age England
- Authentically inspired Viking Age Weapons
- Unique Helmets, Armor, and shields for the Vikings and the Saxons